[FW-1] Adding remote firewall modules

Hi all

I`m about to upgrade from a single management/firewall unit by adding
another firewall unit at another site, and I have a few (probably very
simple) questions...

If I configure the second firewall unit here, install software, register it
with the management module and ship to other site, will the change of IP
address cause any problems in the rules base or firewall authentication?

When you send the config to the remote firewalls, which IP address does it
use? If its the external IP, is that traffic encrypted between management
module and firewall module? (We have Internal WAN connection on the inside
between the sites)

Any other gotchas I need to be aware of that I wouldnt have come across
whilst running only a single management/firewall unit?

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in
advance for your help.

--

Steve

Steve Loughran, Network Infrastructure Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (Cambridge)
Home Page -> http://sl.scee.sony.co.uk/
Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace
ICQ#: 12666311 (Work), 104426046 (Laptop)
Team Waste - Where do you want to go wrong today?