[FW-1] Firewall limitations

I am trying to find out what FW-1 limitations.  Limitations I would be interested in would be how many socket/flows/connections can the state table handle before the firewall is slow or dies.  What is the amount of “hits” per second can FW-1 can handle and make stateful decisions about before it is slow or fails?  I know there will be some limitation by bandwidth, OS, and hardware, but lets say you are running on a SUN 4500 with 4 processors, 4 gigs of ram, Solaris 2.7 with a three legged design thus giving you 100mb to ISP, DMZ, and internal LAN.

Does anyone have a good link or knowledge of this kind of information?