Von: Roman Serbski [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Montag, 12. November 2001 10:35
An: [email protected]
Betreff: [FW-1] NG or Provider-1?

Hi list

Sorry for stupid question I think I'm lost with terminology :-)
Is there any difference between Checkpoint NG (Next Generation) and
Provider-1?
NG seems to be next step after FW1 4.1, right? What is Provider-1 in
this case?
Our company uses Checkpoint FW-1 4.1. Since Checkpoint stopped with
providing support for everything prior to 4.1 (BTW what about supporting
4.1? Still valid for some period of time? :-) our top management
suggested to upgrade to NG. So, Provider-1 is the latest version?, or?
... :-)

Second question: Is there any way to upgrade to NG from FW-1 4.1, or
everything should be installed from scratch?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Roman