[FW-1] SecuRemote behind ADSL

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] SecuRemote behind ADSL
  • From: Ivan More <[email protected]>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 02:24:21 -0500
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Hi,

I am quite new to FW and I have a problem, hope that
someone could help me. We are using FW ver4.0 (running
on NT) and using securemote through dial-up has got no
problem. But we have some users who are using ADSL at
home. They have got an ADSL router that is able to
perform NAT. But he has problem using securemote
(build 4176) to logon.

>From the Fw log,

Action     source       destination  Proto
drop       vaild IP     FW valid IP  ICMP

The user has 4 PCs connected behind the ADSL router.
Before starting the Securemote, he was able to ping
our Firewall valid IP (it was dropped by FW because
ICMP was disabled). From the FW log, we see that the
source IP is a valid IP (NAT on ADSL router) from his
ADSL router.

>From the Fw log,

Action     source       destination  Proto
authcrypt  internal IP

Once the securemote is started, he was able to
authenticate to the FW. But on the FW, we see his
internal IP. From here on, there is not more trace of
his connection. ie he is not able to access anything
on our network.

Have you faced the same problem? Any suggestion will
be appreciated.

Cheers,
Ivan.