Re: [FW-1] Protocol 50

I added the ipsec group to my filter and am still getting entries in the
log under prot. with 50 in the entries.

I need to limit traffice to these servers but cannot deny protocol 50.

thanks

                    "Jill Samples"
                    <jsamples@done       To:     <[email protected]>
                    rus.com>             cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: [FW-1] Protocol 50
                    11/07/2001
                    02:04 PM

If you are running 4.1, you should see a service named ESP listed as a User
Defined Service.  It defines protocol 50.

If you don't find this pre-defined service, just create a new service.
Through the GUI -
 --Manage
   --Services
     --New
      --Other
        --Name:  ESP or IP50      or whatever
        --Comment:  IPSEC Encapsulating Security Payload Protocol   (if you
feel like typing)
        --Pick a color
        --Match:  ip_p = 0x32
          Leave the Pre-match and Prologue blank.

Note that 0x32 is the hex entry for 50.

Jill Samples
Manager, Data/Voice Technologies
Doner
25900 Northwestern Highway
Southfield, MI 48075
Phone:Email:  [email protected]

>>> [email protected] 11/07/01 01:10PM >>>
I have a server and would like to only allow a few ports and protocol 50 to
access it.

I have put the ports in a group but how do I define protocol 50?

How can I set this up?