From: McCammon, Keith [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 18:17
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] Port already in use

I'm having some trouble with a clean (re)install of Firewall-1.  I'm running
4.1 SP2--the mgmt server is running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, and the
module is a Nokia IP440 (IPSO 3.2).

>From the module, I can fetch the policy from the mgmt server.  However, from
the mgmt server, I get a "connection refused" error when I try to push a
policy to the module.  FW1 is not refusing the connection, because the same
error occurs even if I unload prior to the push.  And the FW1 log does not
reflect the activity during the push.

Already tried:

- control.map
- /etc/hosts entries
- putkeys (which should be fine; no auth errors)

Fwd.elg has the following entries in it (among others), which I can't find
referenced on the web, NG's, PhoneBoy, etc.  They obviously indicate a
problem with fwd, which I can't pinpoint (fwd is not running if you view the
processes).  Here it is:

fwd: FireWall-1 server is running
fwd: WARNING: Cannot locate my Network Object
fwd: fwauthd: cannot run server polsrvd: Authentication Services are
unavailable. Connection refused.
fwd: fwauthd: will try late... (19 times left)
fwd: FW: Received new control security key from 192.168.7.36
fwd: FireWall-1 daemon going to die on sig  15
fwd: Tue Jun  5 13:57:16 2001

fwd: FireWall-1 server is running
fwd: fwauthd: cannot run server polsrvd: Authentication Services are
unavailable. Connection refused.
fwd: fwauthd: will try late... (19 times left)
fwd: Log Server 192.168.7.36 went down
fwd: logsys_add_connection_packet_e: recursive call, return
fwd: Log Server 192.168.7.36 went down
fwd: logsys_add_connection_packet_e: recursive call, return
fwd: Wed Jun  6 14:46:38 2001

fwd: Cannot establish fwd service on port 256: Address already in use

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Keith W. McCammon
Sr. Network Engineer
AdvanceMed Corporation

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments (if any) may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for
the use of the addressee named above. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission.

notified that you must not use, disseminate, copy it in any form or take
any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error
please delete it and any copies of it and kindly inform the sender of this
e-mail by replying or go to www.pirelli.com on "contact us".