[FW-1] Adding bad IP to firewall

Guys,

Can you tell me if there is anything wrong in having an application that can configure itself to an FW and tell it to block an IP ?

Thanks!

Wesley

Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply but I have to change the architecture because I have
done what you said and I cannot use the GUI client to get the logs from a
management server on the heartbeat network either. I've checked the rule
base very, verycarefully - it's not the rules stopping it from working.

I hear you on the backup issue. I'm quite good a doing the backups before I
change stuff!

The real problem is that the heart beat network is a registered address.
Crazy people did the original install. I'm left to pick up the pieces.

Thanks again,

Mike H