Re: [FW-1] Error opening Lotus Notes databases

Could be a number of things.  I am assuming that you refer to your Lotus
system using an unqualified name so the first thing to check is DNS.  If
you are using a DSL connection (especially one using PPPoE) it is possible
that you are running into an issue with the MTU.  We have had a few people
with this problem.  They are able to authenticate and can ping things fine
but connectivity to Notes is terrible.  Dropping the MTU to 1428 resolves
this.

Keith White

                    David Gasca
                    <[email protected]>              To:     [email protected]
                    Sent by: Mailing list for discussion        cc:
                    of Firewall-1                               Subject:     [FW-1] Error opening Lotus Notes databases
                    <[email protected]
                    point.com>

                    11/05/01 08:01 AM
                    Please respond to Mailing list for
                    discussion of Firewall-1

Hi everyone!

I´m using Securemote client on windows 98 station. Everything is working,
but when I´d tryed to open a Lotus Notes DataBase, I'd obtained a TCP/IP
communication error.
My Securemote sever is a 4.1 SP4 on a NT machine.

Anyone has experienced any similar problem with Lotus Notes?

Thanks everyone!

David Gasca
[email protected]
Tlf.Fax.Alberto Alcocer 46B