Re: [FW-1] FW1 v4.1 on NT 4, Single external IP

Regarding other posts:
It's done with "Logical Web Servers", not with NAT.
Requires "load balancing" feature!

I just don't remember right now, I think routing wasn't
necessary. But if routing was necessary: It does work
if the servers are in the same lan segment!

Search CP KB (public) for
"How to set up a Web Server behind the FireWall-1 external IP address"
The "Solution" is not very clear, so I kept notes:
---
But the checkpoint solution works fine. Note to point 4: Set "Server
Type" to "Other" and "Balance Method" to "Random". Only one rule to
allow access to the logical server is required.
If you try to set "Server Type" to "HTTP" then the firewall will send
"HTTP redirects" out, even if you use a private ip address for your
server...
---
And it forgets on thing: You must allow ICMP echo request from the
firewall to the servers, and allow ICMP echo replies from them back
to the firewall. The servers must be running, then restart the
firewall.
---

Best Regards,
Patrick