From: Rob Michayluk [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 12:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Simple SMTP Secure Server question

Hey there,

I have been looking through Checkpoint documentation and I cannot find anything that tells me definitively that when you employ the SMTP secure server that, should your SMTP server fail, the firewall will spool the received mail until the SMTP server is back up. I have been told that this is the case, but cannot find official documentation that verifies this. Does anyone know where I can find this information, if in fact it is true?

Thank you!

Rob Michayluk
Computer Network Services Analyst
ACD Systems Ltd.