From: Tim Holman [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 09:13
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] comparison between Pix and FW-1

PIX is optimised for firewalling, but then so is every other hardware based
firewall device !
I'd be careful about putting in PIX instead of FW-1 in a datacenter
environment - you'll lose the ease of management / logging ability of Check
Point if you do this.
However, you can integrate PIX's syslog into something like Webtrends
Firewall Suite to make up for the logging, and go on a few PIX courses to
make up for the intuitive Check Point bits that you'll be leaving behind....
If datacenter, are you looking for gigabit solutions ?
Take a look at:
http://www.checkpoint.com/products/security/platforms/platforms_matrix.html
for a list of supported Check Point platforms - there are some interesting
'new' developments.

Tim