Re: [FW-1] Log files

At 08:58 AM 11/2/01, Fini Marco wrote:
Hi to all,

does anyone the difference between this logs files ?
xx.logptr
xx.log
xxxxx.alogptr
xxxxx.alog

If I do a save of my log from the Check Point Log Viewer  in my $FWDIR\Log I
found the xxxx.log and xxxx.logptr, instead when I
do a fw logswitch  in my $FWDIR\Log I found the xxxx.log, xxxx.logptr,
xxxx.alogptr, xxxx.alog. Why ?
Which files can I delete to keep my log history ?

thank's
Marco Fini

The .log is the log file and the .alog is the accounting log.  I save both
to CD.  The *ptr are pointer files that Checkpoint needs to read the
logs.  I delete these.  If they're not there, Checkpoint will create  these
files when you parse the logs.

Hope this helps.

-- Joe