Re: [FW-1] multicast on Checkpoint FW-1

Christophe:

I never tried to configure multicast traffic to pass through my Checkpoint
firewall, but at one time it looked like we would need to so I did some
research about how to do this.

To the best of my knowledge, you need to configure your underlying
Operating system to route multicast traffic, and then craft firewall-1
rules to allow this traffic to pass through the inspection filter.

You'll need to find a routing daemon capable of passing multicast traffic.
I know that in Linux, you can use "mrouted".  I believe there's also a
product from the Merit Consortium (www.gated.org).

So basically, find the mrouted equivalent for your OS.  Configure Multicast
routing, and then open it up on the firewall.

Joel