[FW-1] Problems with DNS and/or Proxy

I have a problem that's been going on for several weeks now.  I'm using
Nokia ip440 boxes with an NT 4.0 console.
About two months ago we upgraded to SP4 on the Checkpoint and 3.4 on the
IPSO.  After getting most of the bugs
worked out we worked well for a couple of weeks.   Now we are getting what
appears to be some type of overload
situation, memory leak, or connection table problem.  Every so often the
firewall will slowly choke off access to the Internet.
It appears to only be related to http and dns.  We use User Authentication
and it starts with just certain sites becoming
unavailable.  After a while, no one can get to any site.  We check the logs
and nothing is being dropped, it's just shows
no traffic.  We've checked DNS and both internal and external still seem to
be resolving.  It's not our line because we can
go to an external site and still reach the Internet with no problems.  We've
sent every conceivable log to CheckPoint and
they haven't found anything extraordinary yet.  The only thing that fixes it
is to stop and start the fw service.  Once that is done
everything is flying as expected.  At one point, this was occurring on a
regular basis, about every 24 hours.  Lately, it's only
been about once a week.  Memory and processor utilization always look normal
(97-98% free).
Any ideas appreciated.

Jerry Atchley

Network Security Administrator CCSA/CCSE
RCI Global Technology Group/Security Ops
RCI, LLCThe sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
virus, worm, or Trojan horse when sent.
This message and its attachments could have been infected during
transmission. By reading the message and opening
any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking
remedial action about viruses and other defects.
Cendant/RCI is not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from
this message or its attachment.