Re: [FW-1] Automatic Saving of Log Files

Hi:

There are a couple of options here. You can switch the logs using
/etc/fw/bin/fw logswitch which will save the logs in a binary format. If
you wanted, you could convert the binary file to ASCII format with
/etc/fw/bin/fw logexport. It is a fairly trivial task to set up a cron job
to handle this for you on a nightly basis.

Regards.

Bob Webber
AT&T Global Network Services
Tel:Fax:Notes: Bob Webber/Markham/IBM@IBMCA
Internet: [email protected]

"Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority" - Doctor Who

Sam Denton <[email protected]>@beethoven.us.checkpoint.com> on 10/31/2001
12:04:31 PM

Please respond to Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
      <[email protected]>

Sent by:  Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
      <[email protected]>