nick

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Yves
Belle-Isle
Sent: 31 October 2001 14:46
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Stealth Mode

I suppose you mean bridging mode so you don't have to reconfigure any
equipement to install it in your netwrok. If so the answer is a definitive
NO for FW-1 2000, i don't think it will be supported on NG too. It's
a product limitation not an O/S or hardware one because Computer Associate
eTrust firewall can do it even on Windows NT 4.0.

If you mean than it doesn't respond to any unwanted request so outsider
don't know it exist it's in theory a possibility by setting correctly
your rules but in practice it's very hard to not link some hint of
it's presence, if you use Security Server it's even difficult not to
have it advise it is a CheckPoint FW-1 firewall...