[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
Ramakrishnan
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 1:13 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] IDS

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. I found it very useful. I
tested Snort and found it lacking in tracing
fragmentation and TCP reassembly attacks. Also the
webinterface is not very appealing.

I shall test the Dragon as well in our labs. I need to
know if any IDS is known to work exceptionally well
with CP 1

Regards
Rama

See the following article on comparisons of different
IDS systems.

http://www.nwc.com/shared/printArticle?article=nc/1217/1217f2full.html&p
ub=n
wc

Kevin Martin            [email protected]
Stafford Trading Inc.   Chief Security Officer
Chicago, IL  60604      TEL230 S. LaSalle, Ste. 688