[FW-1] install policy warning

Hello All,
When I try to install a policy I get the following warning. How Do I correct
it?
When I go into system status it says that the status is disconnect.
I'm assuming that this is because of the warning from trying to install the
policy as the firewall is connected to a router and I can ping it.

-Art

Installing Security Policy testing on all.all@fw2
Using external interface 'eth-s1p1'

Warning: External Interface was not set by this Loading. Please verify that
        $FWDIR/conf/external.if holds the name of your External Interface.

fw2[admin]# cd $FWDIR/conf
fw2[admin]# cat external.if
eth-s1p1
fw2[admin]# ifconfig -a
eth-s1p1c0:  lname eth-s1p1c0
flags=e7<UP,PHYS_AVAIL,LINK_AVAIL,BROADCAST,MULTI>
       inet mtu 1500 ***public ip**/** broadcast ...
       phys eth-s1p1 flags=133<UP,LINK,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,PRESENT>
       ether 0:xxxxxxxx speed 100M full duplex