Re: [FW-1] Migration Headache MORE

You may also need to provide an arp entry for that (depends on you set up) AND you may need a third part utility for that (I use fwparp).

If you think it is a routing issue confirm the following registry entry:

In location

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Value for  IpEnableRouter   should be set to 1   (not zero)

Andy

Hello list:

Tried a migration (fresh install) of FW-1 4.1 last night on a Windows 2000 SP 2 Compaq Proliant 1600.  Thought the install went well until my users were not able to receive any e-mail, sending e-mail was ok.

Here is a quick Config rundown:

Checkpoint FW-1 4.1 SP5 on Enforcement Module (Windows 2000 SVR SP2)

Checkpoint FW-1 on the GUI Client and Management Module (Windows 2000 SVR SP2)

This was a fresh install.  I opted to manage my routes manually; I already had a text printout of the routes from my NT 4.0 Firewall-1 (4.0)

Basically the first few rules look as such

Firewall                         ----->     Management     Accept

Management                 ----->     Firewall             Accept

ANY                             ----->     SMTP_SVR(NAT'ed)      Accept

SMTP_SVR(NAT'ed)      ----->     Outside_world    Accept

I also had the necessary DNS rules installed so the Mail server could do a DNS lookup.  The strange thing is that on the Log you could see the Firewall pass the request from the public IP of the SMTP server to the NAT'ed address but the SMTP server never received the e-mail.

I think this is a routing problem; I am new to routing with Windows 2000.  Any ideas or a thought on what to look at next is greatly appreciated.

Eric

Eric M Hanke

Senior Network Engineer

Tempel Steel Company

Magnetic Steel Laminations for the Electronic and Electrical Industries

Phone

Andy Druda
Network & Communications Manager
Wagner College