From: Timothy K. Cornelius [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 23. oktober 2001 23:27
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Spam blacklist...How to stop open relays at the
firewall(FW-1 ) HELP!!!!!!!!!

At this time our internet mailserver(behind the FW-1) has been designated as
an open relay mailserver and has been blacklisted by several spam blocker
websites( www.orbz.org <http://www.orbz.org>  is one of them) after reading
up on how to stop this at the firewall I added two rules on the firewall
with services w/resources. the resource(SMTP->our-mail-only-in) is SMTP and
the match is coming in the sender is * and the recipient is *loi.org. The
other is going out, the resource(SMTP->our-mail-only-out) is SMTP and the
match is sender is *loi.org and the recipient is *  I have also created a
rule below these two that denies and mail service plus 2 services with
resources (SMTP->openrelay-in and SMTP->openrelay-out) these are the same as
the first two. Is this not the correct way to handle stopping an open relay
mailserver or is there a better way?

PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our  mail services are just about
non-existent, except my Firewall email groups.

1 Source: any    Dest.: mailserver     Service: SMTP->our-mail-only-in
Action: accept
2 Source:mailserver    Dest: any     Service:SMTP->our-mail-only-out
Action: accept

Thanks in advance,

Tim

---