From: ychapman [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 7:02 PM
To: FW-1-MAILINGLIST
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Problem blocking CodeRed with http resource

That is because your rule is
> (Not localnet -> ActiveWebServers http accept)
and I believe the "localnet" includes the address of firewall
or the server itself has ACL to reject the access from firewall.
When you use URI rule, the firewall works as proxy
so the source address becomes the address of firewall,
not the original source address.
That's why the client receives an error message from firewall,
not from the server or the browser.
> Firewall-1: Failed to connect to www server

Yuriko Chapman
Systems Engineer
Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
3333 Coyote Hill Rd. Palo Alto, CA  94304-1314