From: Nico De Ranter [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 11:08 AM
To: Chris Arnold
Subject: Re: [FW-1] How to convert Single Gateway to Distributed config?

How do I do that?  If I use the GUI to connect to the management console and
do an install on the firewall I get:

Downloading security policy ... to charon
Authentication for command load failed
Failed to Download Security Policy on charon: Unauthorized action
Installing Security Policy on charon failed

Nico

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 11:01:01AM -0400, Chris Arnold wrote:
> Can you push policy to the enforcement point from the management console
(as
> opposed to the fetch which is failing for you)?
>
> Chris

Don't
> know why yet :-(
>
> Nico
>

> > If, however, you have an Enterprise Center (unlimited-users, mgmt, with
or
> > without encryption license), you may do this.
> > But you have to visit the CheckPoint Licensing Center to migrate the
> license.
> > You need the original Cert Key, the IP address of the firewall,
> > and the IP address of the MANAGEMENT CONSOLE. So, you must split the
> license
> > before you can split the installation.
> >
> > If there is any doubt, do an FW PRINTLIC to verify the features. If you
> have
> > v4.1 (2000), then you will find your Cert Key in the output "CK-x
yyyy
> zzzz"
> >

> > Dave Gianna, MS, CCSE, CCSI, NSA, ACE/ADM
> > Technical Sales Engineer
> > Security Technologies Group
> > 520 White Plains Road
> > Tarrytown, NY 10591

> > "Sing bird of prey, Beauty begins at the foot of you
> > Do you believe the manner?
> > Cold stainless nail, Torn through the distance of man
> > As they regard the summit ..."
> >                        -- Jon Anderson/Yes
> >

> > |--------+---------------------------------->
> > |        |          Richard Marshall        |
> > |        |          <richard.marshall@NETDOC|
> > |        |          TOR.CO.UK>              |
> > |        |                                  |
> > |        |          10/22/01 08:59 AM       |
> > |        |          Please respond to       |
> > |        |          Mailing list for        |
> > |        |          discussion of Firewall-1|

> -|
> |
> >   |       To:     [email protected]
> |
> >   |       cc:     (bcc: David
Gianna/Westchester/Westcon/US/WestconGroup)