From: Nico De Ranter [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 10:33 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] How to convert Single Gateway to Distributed config?

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 09:33:18AM -0400, David A. Gianna wrote:
> You can't split the management off of a Single Gateway firewall -- the
license
> is for "management of a single enforcement point."
> An upgrade is needed if you have a single gateway for 25- to 250-users.

I have a license for an Enterprise Center with unlimited users. However the
machine
was setup as "everything-on-one-box". Migrating the license for the seperate
management
station was no problem.  However the communication between the two is a
problem.
The firewall-module fails to get it's config from the management box. Don't
know why yet :-(

Nico

> If, however, you have an Enterprise Center (unlimited-users, mgmt, with or
> without encryption license), you may do this.
> But you have to visit the CheckPoint Licensing Center to migrate the
license.
> You need the original Cert Key, the IP address of the firewall,
> and the IP address of the MANAGEMENT CONSOLE. So, you must split the
license
> before you can split the installation.
>
> If there is any doubt, do an FW PRINTLIC to verify the features. If you
have
> v4.1 (2000), then you will find your Cert Key in the output "CK-x yyyy
zzzz"

> Dave Gianna, MS, CCSE, CCSI, NSA, ACE/ADM
> Technical Sales Engineer
> Security Technologies Group
>> Westcon, Inc. <http://www.westcon.com/online/>
> 520 White Plains Road
> Tarrytown, NY 10591

> "Sing bird of prey, Beauty begins at the foot of you
> Do you believe the manner?
> Cold stainless nail, Torn through the distance of man
> As they regard the summit ..."
>                        -- Jon Anderson/Yes
>

> |--------+---------------------------------->
> |        |          Richard Marshall        |
> |        |          <richard.marshall@NETDOC|
> |        |          TOR.CO.UK>              |
> |        |                                  |
> |        |          10/22/01 08:59 AM       |
> |        |          Please respond to       |
> |        |          Mailing list for        |
> |        |          discussion of Firewall-1|

-|

>   |       To:     [email protected]
|
>   |       cc:     (bcc: David Gianna/Westchester/Westcon/US/WestconGroup)
|
>   |       Subject:     Re: [FW-1] How to convert Single Gateway to
Distributed |