Re: [FW-1] Checkpoint and CacheFlow

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:17:16PM -0400, Jeremy Morrill wrote:
>             I am in the process of configuring a CacheFlow to compliment
> my Checkpoint/Nokia. Has anyone had any success configuring the
> CacheFlow for Transparent configuration? I do not own a layer 4 switch,
> and I have to use Cisco's WCCP protocol to accomplish the transparent
> caching. Is there an alternative? I.E. can I use the Checkpoint/Nokia to
> utilize the Cache device transparently?

        We've setup WCCP in the lab and getting ready to rollout
        into production. Cisco's WCCP (better - use WCCPv2) is easy
        and the best way for an Internet cache (I assume that's
        what you're doing here). The cache belogs behind the firewall
        so the choke router can easily redirect. No layer 4 switch
        required. WCCPv2 allows for failover too if the cache is
        unavailable.

        There's other ways but this is the preferred. If you're doing
        a reverse-proxy then the architecture is different.

                                        alan