>From that moment on, the lines added to the userc.C file for split dns
to work are lost, so yoor dns encryption does not work any longer and
that is very annoying to say the least.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Best regards

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Laverty <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, October 19, 2001 5:30 pm
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Securemote and DNS

> dnsinfo.C goes in $FWDIR/conf
>
> You most likely will want to use a split DNS with encryption on
> (encryptionis set in the dnsinfo.C file, you may have to add to
> user.C also).  Go to
> http://www.phoneboy.com  and search for split DNS, then modify the
> sampleto match your network.
>
> At 10:15 AM 10/19/2001 , you wrote:
> >I need to allow vpn users to use our internal dns server. Do I
> simply create
> >a dnsinfo.c file and place it on the fwall where the site updates are
> >retrieved? I am useing fw-1 v4.1 sp4. Thanks

> please see the instructions at

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.