Re: [FW-1] External and internal interfaces identification

Unless you have an unlimited license, i suppose than like me
you have a Gateway/n license, you can't.

In fact you can have only ONE external interface, FW-1 Gateways will
count all other interface hosts as internal hosts and count them
in the licence used count.

In the case of an unlimited licence FW-1 there is no notion of
external interface as it doesn't count anything.

I have the same problem as you as one of my interface point to a
division of the company which has an unlimited FW-1 license, my dumm
Gateway/50 insist to count these hosts as "protected host". The only
solution i found was to configure that division firewall with a mix
of hide and static NAT to our firewall so my Gateway/50 "see" only
6 of there FW-1 protected host:

             Internet (External Interface)

                /\
               /  \
              /    \
   DMZ ----- / FW-1 \ -----To Other FW-1 (Unlimited) ----- NAT (Hide/Static)
            /   50   \                                     See 6 IP Address
           /    IP    \

              Intranet