Re: [FW-1] NAT PROBLEM

Automatic NAT works great for us.  We have used FW1-4.1 and FW1-NG, both on NT4.0.
You need to point your workstations to the fake ip as their default gateway, or point their default gateway to a router that points to the fake ip.
Check the routing on the FW to make sure your traffic is getting out.
I think the last thing you need is a rule allowing traffic out.
Example:
Source:fake ip network; destination: any; service: all

for the service, you could limit it to whatever you want, like http, ftp, and smtp.

>>> [email protected] 10/17/01 11:32AM >>>
My firewall is running in NT machine

My machine has two NIC cards one with real Ip address which has a direct gateway and the other with fake IP. Now here I want to use NAT for the fake IP with the hide option of the real IP in the Network Object properties and the rule is created authomathically. Now my fake IP from the workstation computers can not go outside browsing the  internet. In the TCP/IP propperties of the NT I have selected  enable IP Routing.
What do you think the problem and the solution