From: Claes Jansson [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 11:58 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Firewall and RH 7.0

What nic's are u running?

And have u tried with a non-smp kernel? Check this to be sure that it's not
the SMP kernel that mess things up.

Im currently running i similar enviroment (~2000 users) Rh7 (2.2.19-7.0.8)
+ Cpfw4.1-sp5. My firewall cpu-load is less than 0.1. But im not running
any VPN traffic from the firewall. Hardware is (P3-1Ghz, 256Mb RAM, 2x
Intel Dual Port 100 Pro NIC's, Asus CUSL2-C Motherboard).

best regards.

         //Claes Jansson

At 09:32 2001-10-17 +0200, you wrote:
>On the system there is a squid proxy(configured with no disk cache).
>The squid load is about 45 http_req/s during the day, with about 3000
users.

>The system has 512MB RAM and 2 1000Mz Intel CPUs.
>
>Best Regards,

Basic
> >RH installation.  In fact, off the 4.1, SP2 Checkpoint CD, rpm -ih
***.rpm
> >works great.  It installs Base version of checkpoint no problem, i think
> >version 414**...not sure of the rest.  Anyway, I get it all setup,
>licensed,
> >users, gui-clients, etc....reboot...no prob.  I goto upgrade to SP2 or
SP3,