Re: [FW-1] Inbound, outboud and eitherbound

I might have been a bit unclear in my question. I know how inbound,
eitherbound and outbound works.

But what I wanted to know if the behaviour/experience I had on the firewall
is correct according to the "Apply Gateway Rules to Interface Direction".

I cannot imagine that it is normal for a gateway/firewall to block all
traffic if I set the property to outbound. But in my case I'm not able to
contact the firewall anymore.

Also, I cannot see why a telnet from the gateway/firewall to a remote host
should behave different depending on the property setting. When set to
inbound, the telnet session hang, if set to eitherbound, the telnet session
was rejected by the remote host.

---
Jørn Yngve Dahl-Stamnes
EDB Teamco, Trondheim