[FW-1] Difference between fetch and push

Hello,

I noticed something today that I never noticed before.  I had to
reboot a firewall and when the firewall came back up I was on the
console and did a "fw fetch" to get the latest policy from the Management
server, which happens to be a Provider-1 CMA.

All appeared ok, I even did a fw stat after the fact to see that
it got the proper policy.

However, one of the rules was not working the way we expected.  I
had made a change maybe an hour before to this particular rule, I
included the VRRP pair (of which the firewall I rebooted was a member
of) in the Install On colomn.  Prior to this change the rule did
not do what we wanted, it was just something I had to tweak.

So while running on the secondary after I fixed the rule, everything
worked fine.  But it appeared that when I did a fetch from the newly
restored master firewall it did not get that Install On change.

When I returned to my desk and pushed the policy out to the newly
restored Firewall the rule worked perfectly.

Is there a difference between what happens in a fetch and what happens
when a policy is pushed?

Mike