Re: [FW-1] how to transfer a conf file to a blank new FW??

Title: RE: [FW-1] how to transfer a conf file to a blank new FW??

Sim,

        I've done this many times, and keep our backup firewall current using the following method:

- Without taking the live firewall offline, copy the *.W, *.pf, *.C, and rulebases.fws files.
- Stop the FW service on the other firewall and copy the files into the same locations they came from.
- Restart the FW service.

Works like a champ and all of our files fit on a single floppy.

Good luck,

Don Guyer
Information Systems
Citadel Federal Credit Union