[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
GARRIDO, MANUEL
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 7:34 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Another--License Count for Firewall-1

hi all

I have a license for 250 host, althoug we really are using less than 150
host but often I receive messages like this:

Oct  1 09:25:38 xx xxxxxx: FW-1: too many internal hosts (318)
detected

I already have read all the mails in Firewall-1 list about this, and nothing
has resolved my problem.
These messages appears in the morning,  always when the employees begin to
work with ours computers.
When I show the addresses that Firewall-1 is counting, with "fw lichosts"
command, appears some addresses
that we have used some time ago but now they aren´t being used.
Also in this listing appears several public addresses that don´t belong to
our company.

At the end of this listing these messages are showing:

Oct  1 09:25:38 xxxxxxxxx sendmail[1758]: My unqualified host name
(xxxxxxxxx) unknown; sleeping for retry
Oct  1 09:26:38 xxxxxxxxx sendmail[1758]: unable to qualify my own domain
name (xxxxxxxxx) -- using short name

DNS system isn´t setting in our Firewall because we have considered that it
isn´t necessary.

My questions are:

Is DNS problem connet with license count problem?
Have someone a problem like this?

thanks for your answers.