Re: [FW-1] Ping question

I have a similar configuration.  I use the static routes, like you have
created, as a permamnent solution.  You could make the 2500 connected to the
172.17.x.x subnet the default route for each macjine in that subnet.  You
could then make the default route for the router the firewall.  That would
avoid the need for static routes in hosts in the 172.17.x.x subnet.  You
will take a perfomance hit when browsing the Internet from that subnet
because packets would have to bounce off the router, but administration
would be simpler.

David Hoobler