[FW-1] ssh timeout

Title: [FW1] (Still having) NAT Problem
Hello.
I'm not 100% sure if this is FW-1 problem, but I'm suspecting so because the
problem started after I installed and uninstalled SP4 on our management station.

Several users have reported that their ssh connections are pretty unstable,
both incoming ssh to our server and outgoing ssh to servers in other organizations.
Ssh connections often die as users attempt to launch a remote X application,
open a web browser(using port forwarding functions), or when manipulating
large blocks of text. Command line logins rarely fail.

SSH server log shows;
"Read error from remote host: Connection reset by peer".
I confirmed this on our server and another server of our partner company.
Firewall log shows nothing.

Does anybody have an idea what's causing this?

Our firewall, both mgmt station and FW module, is V4.1 SP3 on Solaris 7.
No NAT.
TCP session timeout is set to 10 hours.

SSH was working fine before and only change I can think of I made
around that time is this install/uninstall of SP4.
Uninstall of SP4 went smoothly and all the configurations seemed to
get back to the original.
Thank you.

Yuriko Chapman
Systems Engineer
Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
3333 Coyote Hill Rd. Palo Alto, CA  94304-1314