From: Dominik Samuelis [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 4:40 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Personal Firewall and SecuRemote

Hi,

>>   I have a customer who is using Checkpoint Firewall-1 NG & VPN-1 NG.
>> One of their users would like to have some form of a personal firewall
>> installed on their machine.  Does anyone know of any personal firewalls
>> that will interoperate with SecuRemote?

> SecuRemote with personal firewall is SecureClient.

yes and no. With an additional Policy Server license,
SecuRemote/SecureClient can be configured to allow outbound connections
only. Modern personal firewalls can allow/deny connections on a port or even
application basis. So if you want to protect the user against the internet,
SecuRemote may be sufficient. If you want to (or have to) protect him
against himself, you might need a more complex personal firewall.

--
Dominik Samuelis