From: Aeon Hale [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 3:56 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Firewall and RH 7.0

I'm trying to get Checkpoint installed on RH 7.0.  It's being a pain.
Basic RH installation.  In fact, off the 4.1, SP2 Checkpoint CD, rpm -ih
***.rpm works great.  It installs Base version of checkpoint no problem,
i think version 414**...not sure of the rest.  Anyway, I get it all
setup, licensed, users, gui-clients, etc....reboot...no prob.  I goto
upgrade to SP2 or SP3, it doesn't like that.  Says it need CPfw-1
installed first.  I run  rpm -u ...rpm  --nodeps (which usually works in
the past) and it installs....doesn't seem to be giving me grief.  I goto
reboot...KERNEL PANIC...

I know somebody out that has successuflly installed this on 7.0.  I've
done 6.2 way too many times and I'd be happy to stick with it, but RH
6.2 doesn't like my AMD Athlon CPU.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aeon Hale