From: Daniel Morone [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 7:12 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] websense versus surfcontrol

I can't find an objective comparision between WebSense and SurfControl.   Could you please share your experience good or bad with either of these products as a UFP server?   Also, anybody done this with HA?

We currently implement a filter at our proxy server and are interested in moving to the firewall/UFP.   It appears the top two contenders are WebSense and SurfControl.   We may continue doing reporting off the proxy logs as that's where authentication occurs.

Looking for comments about:
- list quality
- administration
- performance