From: Steven Wu [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 1:46 PM
To: Jim Lass
Subject: Re: [FW-1] [fw1] 3 Nics, two internal, one external,translation table not w orking in order

Jim,

Try to look at the object "internal networks". Try to see any problem for your definition there. It seems to me the internal networks object is the problem. Is it a group object or a simple net object ?

If it is correct, and it still doesn't work. try to delete the object and recreate it then push the policy and see what happen. Have you try add another NAT specific rule for net2 to net1 and see if it work ?  By the way, what version fw-1 you are running ?

STeven

Jim Lass wrote:

 Hello ,    Have a question, I have a NT Fwall with 3 nics..  two internal, one external.  Translation rulebase looks like this:1. INTERNALNETWORKS       INTERNALNETWORKS        Any    ORIG    ORIG  2. INTERNALNETWORK1        ANY        FWHIDE1    ORIG3. INTERNALNETWORK2        ANY        FWHIDE2    ORIGinternalnetwork1 can initiate communication to internalnetwork2 just fine... but internalnetwork2 cannot initiate connection to internalnetwork1...  when i look in the log it show internalnetwork2 getting translated by fwhide2 when talking to internalnetwork1... if I disable translation 3...   communication works both ways...   I don't get it...  Does it have something to do with Licensing??Thanks in advanceJim Lass