From: Daniel Buchmann [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 5:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] License issue?

I am trying to install FireWall-1 v4.1 on a Solaris 7 box [sparc].

Installation goes fine, upgrade to SP5 goes fine, adding my license
(FIG-250)
goes fine, but when I try to install a new rulebase from the GUI (running on
Windows 2000), I only get this error message:

error: no license for 'filter'

This also happens if I run 'fw load' from the command line.

fw: no license for 'fwc'
fwc: No license.

I've been having these problems for awhile, been talking to my reseller,
without
any luck.
Today I can't even connect to the firewall anymore, using the Windows GUI.
When trying to log in, this error message pops up:

"No license for User Interface"

My version is:
This is Check Point VPN-1(TM) & FireWall-1(R) Version 4.1 Build 41510 [VPN +
DES]

My license ('fw printlic'):

Host             Expiration Features
<my-ip-addr>     Never      CPFW-FIG-250-V41 CK-<my-certificate-key>

Anyone else seen this?
Any help, tips, or tricks, would be helpful...