From: Joe Pampel [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 04 October 2001 16:45
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] License

Checkpoint is sold by the number of hosts (IP addresses) protected. I don't
think that
there is another way to purchase or license it.
FW-1 counts up the hosts it sees to see if  you are in compliance.
The way it counts is far from perfect however and (for example)
my LAN has 75 hosts. I have a 100 user lic.  I get warnings from my FW all
the time about
how I've violated the lic... but when you  read the list of IP's it thinks
are on my LAN,
there are often 30-40 host IP's which make no sense at all. There are some
fixes that
may work for some on phoneboy's site. In my case (so far) I have not solved
my problem.

- Joe

ps: your English works fine. No worries. ;-)

-----------------------------------
Joe Pampel
Systems Administrator
Ardsley Partners
[email protected]

>>> "Sangbutsarakum, Patai" <[email protected]> 10/03/01 05:16AM >>>

Dear folks
I'm newbies of FW. My org. run CP 4.1.
I need to know about lincense.
CP count license to IP-base, rite?
Is there another way to count license?
Is there another type of license.?
I know that I have license with value 50.
But I don't know what unit that I have 50.?

I really wish this question is make sense for u all.
If my English is suck. Please Please let me know.

Regards
patrick