Re: [FW1] stateful inspection?

HTTP is stateful. So as you said that is working if remote HTTP server found.
But if some intermediate router restrict your path to destination HTTP server
and send  ICMP error message then your Firewall won't know if this is part of
your HTTP request because that error message comes from some unknown
router/gateway.

Solution:
    Ignore this. i,e wait for timeout.

or

Allow following rule in your firewall if you feel comfortable. This will
allow ICMP replies.

Any   <YOURNET>  {dest-unreach,echo-reply,time-exceeded}  ACCEPT

Rajeev

On Thursday 04 October 2001 03:04, Patrick Lotti wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> just wonder how to configure the following:
> I'd like to allow outgoing http only. That works fine as long
> as there are no icmp-unreachable or other icmp messages: They
> are dropped, even though they are directy related to the http
> request.
> Is there an easy fix, or would it require some inspect coding?
>
> Best Regards,
> Patrick Lotti

	Rajeev Kumar ([email protected])
		http://www.rajeevnet.com
-- PGP PUBLIC KEY -- http://www.rajeevnet.com/crypto/mypubkey
What's New on rajeevnet.com:
o Unix/Windows password Sync:
    http://www.rajeevnet.com/linux/passwd_sync/passwd_sync.html
o Wonders of 'dd' and 'netcat' :: Cloning Operating Systems
    http://www.rajeevnet.com/tips_hints/os_clone/os_cloning.html