From: Rodrigo Borges [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 9:15 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Cc: Pedro Fernandes
Subject: [FW1] *** Problem with qfe card ***

Hello all,

I have two Sun Entreprise 220R (FW1 and FW2) with Solaris 2.6 and
recommended patches.
They are configured as a Stonebeat HA 3.0 cluster running CheckPoint
Firewall-1 4.1 SP4.
They have a double heartbeat, crossed-cable at hme0 and serial cable at
serial port B.
They have a qfe card each, with 3 interfaces configured (qfe0, qfe1 and
qfe2), qfe0 for external network (internet) and qfe1 and qfe2 for internal
networks.
FW1 is active and FW2 is standby.

Recently i noticed that the qfe card at FW2 (standby) shutts down, like a
reset, every 15 secs.
I've replaced the qfe card but the problem persists.
I noticed that this behaviour isn't causing any service interruptions.
I've isolated the machine from the cluster. As soon as it goes online the
problem disappears.
I forced it offline and connected a PC directly to it. The problem persists.
I've connected the PC to the fourth interface (qfe3), witch is not
configured through StoneBeat, and no problem with that.
I then connected a crossed-cable between qfe3 and the other interfaces
alternatly and the interface that was connected at the time to qfe3 through
the crossed-cable worked fine.

I think that this shouldn't be the normal behaviour, cause I have a similar
cluster and I never noticed something like that.

Does anybody ever seen something like that?

Th4nkz,

Rodrigo Borges