[FW-1-MAILINGLIST] User Defined Service Properties on FW-1 4.0

I have created a user defined service with MATCH field : udp, uh_dport = any,
uh_sport = 500, and use this service in one of the rule to allow our VPN
server to talk back to a client at a random port from the source udp port 500
The system accepts it and I can verify and install the database and rules ok.
However, the log shows the traffic is not captured by that rule and is
ultimately dropped by the last rule.

I've tried something like udp, uh_dport < 1024, uh_sport = 500 and that works.
I've tried also using * instead of "any" but the system does not take it. Any
idea how I should be able to do that to allow any random udp destination ports
?

TIA,
Bernard