Re: [FW1] License

There is the Unlimited user licence else:

At 16:16 2001-10-03 +0700, Sangbutsarakum, Patai wrote:

>Dear folks
>I'm newbies of FW. My org. run CP 4.1.
>I need to know about lincense.
>CP count license to IP-base, rite?

It count all IP address it ever see on ALL internal interfac,
that is all except the one defined as the external interface.

It remember those even after reboot

It count them before the anti-spoofing so if your take your PC
configured with an internal address, goes to an other site and change
it's IP address to one valid at the other site and then return to
your office, boot the notepad, change back to the original internal IP
address and reboot it to use it again on your network, FW-1 will have
see the ARP request with the other site IP address when you first booted
the PC with the other adresse, even if the anti-spoof reject that "external"
address on the internal network, and will had to the licence count.

In the case of our site, every month i get's around 10 new IP address
counted by the FW, all External IP address of portatif going at client
site and returning home. So even with only 30 real internal IP address
i have to check to not go over my 50 IP address licence count. To reset
it i have to:

1) FW TAB -T host_table -x and answer YES to clear it
2) FW STOP
3) Delete fwd.h and fwd.hosts files
4) FW START

I put that in a AT command executed 1 time by month...

Note: When you exceed the licence count itcontinue to work and accept
      new IP address, except than it fill your logs with warning messages
      for exceeded licence limit.

>Is there another way to count license?

For FW-1 ? No

I use other product which count concurent IP address going thru the FW

>Is there another type of license.?

For FW-1 ?

None i know except illimited user which doesn't count anything. In fact
with an evaluation licence it is illimited and it doesn't even populate
the host_table so you can't know how internal IP address it see before
you buy and install your final licence.

>I know that I have license with value 50.

So maximum 50 IP adresses except address behing the external interface.
So if you have a Web server behing (In DMZ Zone) with 8 IP address for
8 different virtual web site FW-1 will count it as 8 IP address...

>But I don't know what unit that I have 50.?

What do you mean ?

To know fast how IP address it count use:

FW TAB -t host_table -s

which give you the number of IP address counted

To know the detail (Which IP, since When, etc):

FW LICHOSTS

>I really wish this question is make sense for u all.

It does, but i am not sure then you will find the answer
make sense. But it is the way it is

>If my English is suck. Please Please let me know.

I normally use French so mine is not better than yours...