Re: RE: [FW1] Re: RE: Radius authentication - What shows the eventvie wer?

May be, the problem with Radius server i agree.but i am running cisco secure.i just have made a windows 2000 advanced server as a radius server.also i used the same machine as a radius server for pix.it was working fine.now i am sure that i made the necessary changes for fw-1,actually it is only the name matters and the client's ip address as fw-1 's directly connected interface's ip.
if again you feel that the problem may be with raidus server, i will send the exact details of how i configured the radius server.
thanks
mohamed.

On Wed, 03 Oct 2001 Neil Burfoot wrote :
> I had exactly this problem with Radius trying to get
> FW-1 4.1 SP4 to
> authenticate too our NT4 PDC running Cisco Secure ACS
> 2.5 (Radius Server).
> The request got to the PDC but just seemed to die
> there.  I put Cisco Secure
> 2.4 on my laptop and used this as the Radius server and
> FW-1 authenticated
> the user first time. I therefore suspect that its not
> FW-1 that you have the
> problem with but the Radius Server.

us
> server
> > > group etc.The win NT
> > > (SP4), i have installed checkpoint 4.1 (SP2).i have
> > > defined the radius
> > > server,shared key etc in check point also.but the
> > error
> > > i get is,"Radius
> > > server not responding" , i searched mailing list
> also,
> >
> > > but didnt get the
> > > answer.what may be the problem ?
> > > thanks,
> > > mohamed.

> see
> > the instructions at
> >                http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mail-
> in-
> > g.html
> > ======================================================-
> ==-
> > ====================
> > ====

> the instructions at
>                http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mailin-
> g.html
> ========================================================-
> the instructions at
>                http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mailin-
> g.html
> ========================================================-
> the instructions at
>                http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mailin-
> g.html
> ====

> The information transmitted in this email is intended
> only for the person to

whom it is addressed and may contain confidential