From: mohamed maraikayar [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2001 11:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] setenv and permissoins

I have a problem in configuring fw-1 over linux.first i would like to say another problem with the mailing list, that is if i post a question or response, i can see it after 2 days.i dont know if there is any problem over the mailing list.that is why iam sending to individual persons also.

I ran the command cpconfig in linux 6.2.i got an error,first i have to setenv FWDIR.I tried setenv command,but i got an error bash setenv: command ot found.I searched where this mysterious setenv command. i got the error, /proc/6/fd permission denied.

I am not having any experience over linux, i think this is too much for me.Also i searched for file rulebase.fws, i got the same error,permission denied.i tried chmod 700 fd,it didnt give any error also it didnt changed the mode.please guide me

mohamed.