[FW1] Blackboard Server

We have recently, (and reluctantly) deployed a Blackboard server.  This
server resides on our DMZ, but must use our Mail server as relay.  We run an
NT box with Exchange 5.5 configured to allow relay from the Blackboard
Server.  The Firewall rule base is:

Rule #	Source			Destination		Service
Action
5	Any			MailServer-valid		smtp-ESAFE
Accept
6	MailServer-valid		Any			smtp-ESAFE
Accept

When we attempt to send an email from the Blackboard Server off campus,
traffic drops at rule #5 :  550 relaying is prohibited.

I am very, VERY new at FW and I know I have missed a step.  Any advice would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Deborah James
Sr Network Technician
Richard Bland College
Information Technology Services
Office:Pager:[email protected]
"...that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain;
that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government
of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the
earth." -Abraham Lincoln