Re: RE: [FW1] Install on ..

Yes, checkpoint includes a feture,where to install which rules in the distributed environment.But, let us take a standalone environment.What is the difference between install on source and install on gateway ? Ofcourse some gentlemen cleared me, if we want to check outbound traffic alone,which may be sufficient, then we can choose install on source.thanks for mailing,
mohamed.

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 Andres Velazquez wrote :
> Mohamed,
>
> If you have a distributed or enterprise scheme, you can
> have more than one
> firewall. So you can create only one rulebase and
> select in which gateway
> install policies. You will sometimes install one rule
> in both firewalls but
> sometimes one rule in one gateway or firewall
>
> Hope this helps you.
>
> Regards
>
> --
>
> ********************************************************-
> *********
> Andres Velazquez <[email protected]>
> Security Manager
> CCSA & CCSE
>
> NextGen Internet
> Latin America Headquarters
> Mexico City, Mexico
> http://www.nextgeninter.net
> *********
>      "We Analyze, Protect and Develop E-Solutions for
> You"
> *********

all