From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
mohamed maraikayar
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 8:58 AM
To: Brockhoven,Werner
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Re: RE: Radius authentication

I havent added any rules till now.now i added 2 rules, from firewallgateway
to raduis server any is allowed and vice versa.Still i recieve the same
error.i configured a rule as " allusers@any ftp-serv ftp userauth gateway "
and in the user properties, i enabled radius authentication for a user,say
mohd.when i ftp to ftp-serv,i get  a prompt bcoz of of user authentication
rule.i entered the username mohd,that is to be authenticated by radius
server.so fw-1 gave a prompt, "radius password:" ,i typed the password.then
it took some 10 seconds time and displayed,"radius servers not responding".i
disconnected the cable from fw-1 to radius server and tried again,i got the
same error.so i can now conclude that there is some thing missing in the
configuration of fw-1 or fw-1 related.any clues ?
thanks
mohamed.