Re: [FW1] Backup and Disaster Recovery

Greetings!

I've designed a backup script especially for "static" servers like
firewalls. Does "complete rebuild from scratch within 2 minutes work
plus 10 minutes wait" sound good? All you need is working hardware, a
bootable OS CD and a tape drive - no software installation necessary.
Manual restore of single partitions is possible, too.

Beware, the script has to be configured prior to usage - else you run
risk of deleting your harddisk when restoring a broken system backup.
Download SunBackup at http://www.wyae.de/software/fwtools.html

Have fun!
    Volker

--